musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Monday 10 September 2012

Yesterday...

as the Beatles sang 'when my troubles were so far away'...
I went on another OUGS field trip, this time only a short one and not far away. For various reasons this was the first time in a long, long time I met up with fellow members of OUGS NW.
Geology of Lyme Park is detailed on a book 'Rocky Rambles in the Peak District' so I won't go into any details here.

Later on in the afternoon I had time to myself and decided to take myself on a photo safari around the gardens.
Yesterday was wall-to-wall sunshine and wall-to-wall people. It seemed like greater Manchester had moved en mass, people, families, dog walkers by the score. So I decided on such a lovely day I had to explore the gardens.






No comments: