musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Saturday 6 October 2012

Taking a leaf

from an online friend's blog...Thanks, Joy
I've had a go at making my own version of Roasted Vegetable Soup.

Having read her posts about making soup and finding I had some it would be better if I used these up vegetables, I had a go.

The vegetable rack had a butternut squash, some courgettes and onions and I'd just bought some peppers.
Into the halogen oven went sliced vegetables for roasting. Courgettes sliced length-ways, similarly butternut squash with seeds removed and sliced deseeded peppers (red).

A lovely mouth-watering aroma came from the cooked vegetables.

Roasted and roughly chopped they went in to the soup pan with water and chopped onions. Yes, the onions ought to have been roasted but this was an 'if it occurs to you - add it' concoction.

Simmered and condiments added, cooled and whizzed to make a smother texture then left over night for flavours to develop.
Today, I decided the smoked paprika would make an excellent addition to the flavouring, so in some went.

Now, all that's left is to heat through thoroughly and serve...


2 comments:

Joy said...

. . . and I hope you liked it as much as I do! :0)
J x

joanygee said...

Yes, thank you and shall do again. Jx