musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Thursday 29 January 2009

another idea

Name a book you own that you don’t think any of your friends own.

“Because you died” poetry and prose from the First World War and after by Vera Brittain

I read A Testament of Youth ages ago, and Jo Brand did a TV programme about Vera Brittain; from which I learnt about this book of poems. This led to me purchasing the book. Started reading, but still only done the first few pages as it is such a thought provoking work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/10_october/06/vera.shtml

2. Name a movie you own that you don’t think any of your friends own.

Here, I’m guessing cos I think am the only one that really goes for Will Smith. But I might be wrong.

“Hancock” bought for Christmas, but I still have not yet viewed.

3. Name a CD you own that you don’t think any of your friends own

This is where I cheat a little, and opt for a music CD I have just ordered.
Breakfast on BBC 1 introduced me to a harpist, Catrin Finch and her new recording of Bach, arranged for the harp

4. Name a place that you have visited that you don’t think any of your friends have visited.

This is the only easy one to answer; Iceland is the place and although I was supposed to be planning another trip there for 2009 with Nita, events have overtaken us all.

5. Name a piece of technology or any sort of tool you own that you don’t think any of your friends own.

Another tough question seeing as we are all pretty much similar in our ownership of tech devices.

I think I'm the only one with a DSLR camera as opposed to ‘point and shoot’. No, wrong again – Helen has a DSLR Nikon with which she took some fabulous images on her African photo safaris.

This needs thinking about...

It would be better to reword the meme to Name a piece of technology or tool that your friend owns and you would like to own.







3 comments:

wendishness said...

I have a DSLR as well as a point and shoot which I carry with me all the time. Wow Iceland, how was it over there and what prompted you to visit?

Anonymous said...

You are right on all except that last one. I have a DSLR also. :)

Great post. I love learning more about my eFriends!

joanygee said...

Thanx for your comments, I love your input.

Also, thoroughly enjoy finding out about my eFriends...