musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Saturday 19 February 2011

and relax...

Hurrah for the weekend! No need to rush out and go anywhere this morning. Daft as it may seem as I retired from the 'rat race' in 2002, recent weeks have meant appointments to be kept. Mostly OH and his 8am appointments!
It's very rare for me to get out on my own!
Okay, I went to Dublin, but day-to-day and week-to-week we've got into the habit of going about together.
So, reluctantly have said 'No' to friend in Scotland and idea of cruise/mini break...I haven't been anywhere by ferry for many years, and am not about to start again.

Just come back from MJM coffee afternoon and what fun we had. Everyone in a silly mood so gales of laughter did us all the world of good. It's true laughter is the 'best' medicine. Sorting thro' rammle mostly yarn and ribbons.

6 comments:

Joy said...

It sounds a lovely day and I'm so glad you had a good time.

J x

joanygee said...

Thank you Joy, it was lovely especially as last time we were 'invaded'! Jx

Jan n Jer said...

Its a nice feeling to not be on any time frame. I am retired also and I always love the lazy carefree weekends. During the week is usually busy running errands/dr appt. household chores. Sounds like you had a good time with your friends...laughter is good for the soul!!

joanygee said...

I couldn't agree more, laughter releases stress and makes us feel good doesn't it...?

Sayre said...

I don't know what that feels like. Not having to be somewhere or doing something. It must be wonderful!

I do love spending time with friends who make me laugh - it's such a picker-upper!

joanygee said...

One of the many benefits of retirement is choosing what to do if/when the whim takes me.