musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Saturday 12 February 2011

topsy-turvy

A bright, sunny day gave OH opportunity to use one of his 'toys'; a form of whizzy aka  petrol-driven chainsaw complete with all the protective gear. He was gardening next door, creating piles of wood for H to burn to keep his house warm.
The day remained fine allowing jobs to be done outside.
But, we're in February, a most topsy-turvy month and fore-runner to the even more unpredictable month of March.
Weather forecast for the beginning of next week promises the return of icy conditions.
So what about my day?
Courier delivered some goodies ordered via the Internet. Having enjoyed the trailers for the film 'The King's Speech' I now have a copy of the book of the same name, and am looking forward to reading it.. That's only one thing...true but am not going to tell all now.
Yet to arrive are two more books - Terry Pratchett's 'I shall wear midnight' and another book that led to a film...'Never let me go...' from the book by Kazuo Ishiguro.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I'm waiting for the DVDs but pwehaps you could say if the book is better than the film, as is usually the case), please.
Happy reading!
J x

joanygee said...

I too am waiting for the DVDs that's why I bought the book. Sometimes films and books bear little resemblance to each over, don't they. I'll let you know...