musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Three years ago

a lovely, bubbly, delightfully out-going friend...
Died.
Our 'briilant' NHS failed her. She'd been sent as the saying goes 'from pillar to post'. Appointments had been made, only to be cancelled again and again. In the meantime dear Liz struggled with everyday life and hoped 'they' would make her better.

Then, the operation was scheduled on Friday 13th March. Dearest Liz went for her operation and it was then that we lost her...

RIP my dear friend.

What a silly illustration? But one my dear friend would have appreciated so well.


3 comments:

Sayre said...

I lost my grandmother to NHS too. A brain tumor diagnosed as several different things (including mental illness). It wasn't until it spread to her lungs that anyone took it seriously - and it was too late.

Virtual hugs to you - I know you are missing your friend just like I'm missing my grandmother.

Joy said...

Thanks, Joan . . .
J x

joanygee said...

Virtual hugs to you too Sayre.