musings (201) fun Monday (76) friendship (64) K9 (13)

Tuesday 2 August 2011

awol lol

Taking a hint from a lovely friend...here be me!
The two Ms and I plus OH went carpet hunting...OH bought a carpet remnant 80% wool. The two Ms kept on looking. That was last Wednesday and the carpet arrived on Thursday. Looking at the 6m x 4m roll dominating the hallway I wondered what we'd let ourselves in for.
It must be 10-15 years since we last fitted a carpet and tempus fugit has taken it toll. Things do get harder as you get older...
Suffice it to say the carpet battle commenced on Friday with clearing as much of the room as practical. By the evening a couple of worn out people were finally able to view their completed efforts. I warned OH that if he has a similar scheme planned in the future...I will not be fitting any carpets; but will pay someone else to do it!



3 comments:

ari_1965 said...

Replacing the carpet is hard work. Congratulations on getting it done.

Joy said...

She's back - hoorah!!
You're very brave. I would never attempt to lay a carpet.
J x

joanygee said...

Well another posting bites the dust lol.
No way shall I ever get involved in laying carpet again and I think OH agrees now.